Hospitals & NHS
A recent NHS Case study:
- The LCM Environmental team was invited on-site to perform an annual Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) service of the stored fuel of a high-profile hospital in Southern England.
- Samples were taken from all four of the backup power and heating red diesel storage tanks and were sent to be tested in UKAS accredited laboratory.
- The results of the tests prompted our engineers to clean approximately 150,000L of gas oil back to Class A2 Refinery grade and safely return it to the respective fuel vessels.
- Our timely annual inspection helped prevent fuel contamination, sludge accumulation and critical business downtime for the hospital.
Fire & Rescue
A recent Fire & Rescue Case study:
- The LCM Environmental team executed a fuel supply, tank inspections and replacement services for a Southern fire rescue organisation.
- The old redundant tanks were decommissioned using a combination of
degassing, man-entry tank cleaning, and foam-filling, all of which were done so in a safe and timely manner.
- A number of tanks in different sizes were custom manufactured, delivered and electrically connected and installed. Following confirmation of a safe install, our team then supplied the fire service with the delivery of Red Diesel fuel.
- A Fuel tank’s life expectancy is 10-12 years. Regular tank testing and, if
required, tank repairs or infrastructure replacement can ensure that your critical sector’s fuel environment is safe, compliant and within specification.
A full turnkey solution for your fuel environment which is delivered through both a robust planned preventative maintenance (PPM) service and quality project management.
The type of support, which is available within this service includes fuel testing, fuel cleaning, tank testing, automatic fuel top-ups at 25% from empty, telemetry installation with a remote access portal, annual probe checks, bund and pipework inspections, provision of emergency spill kits and much more.
This service is tailored to your organisation’s unique needs.
Many fuel storage tanks have a life expectancy of between 10-20 years. Fuel storage tanks and associated pipework integrity testing and maintenance is a vital part of knowing the health and reliability of your tank.
Having your tanks regularly tested and inspected is a preventative and proactive approach to assessing any potential threats that your fuel infrastructure may be facing and helps avoid costly incidents.
LCM Environmental offer everything from fuel testing, sampling and analysis to fuel uplifts, transfers, polishing, replacement and disposal. Our aim is to ensure your fuel environment is safe, secure and compliant to avoid or minimise your business downtime.
We can compliantly decommission tank storage facilities such as COMAH-registered infrastructure and above-ground or below-ground tanks. Starting with fuel uplift and tank cleaning, including UHP jetting, all the way through
to any potential tank cutting, tank removal and any subsequent civil works.
We have the expertise and experience to support, procure and deliver major tank decommissioning projects.
Installation services are available for fuel monitoring systems, bund and interceptor alarms, fuel theft detectors and more.
Such systems provide your organisation with the knowledge that your fuel environment is safe and secure and that your fuel is ready to be called into action when needed.
Oil-water separators (or interceptors) separate oil and suspended solids from water so that they can be skimmed away. If this separating process doesn’t happen or your system isn’t maintained properly, it can pose an ecological hazard which could result in large financial penalties if surrounding environments become contaminated.
Our expert team can install, service and clean interceptors/oil-water separators to ensure your organisation is acting responsibly
to prevent environmental damage.
Keep Up To Date with Our Latest News and Advice.
Find all our latest press releases and news in one place.
We also discuss some of the hot topics in our sector of fuel management and risk mitigation as well as answering some of our most popularly asked questions.