We are your one point of contact through the transition.
The Countdown The Red Diesel Changeover Begins:
The Government has announced that most machines and vehicles will no longer be able to use rebated (red) diesel from 1st April 2022. Read more to see if this applies to you!
What does this mean for your business?
Any significant consequences to your business that this change may cause, will be contingent on your industry and the purpose you are using red diesel for. The Government have defined that rebated fuel will now be: ‘limited to certain machines, vehicles or vessels and only when used for specific purposes’.
When can rebated fuel be used from 1st April 2022?
The Government has specified that certain industries will be exempt from the changes that are happening on the 1st April. These include:
- Agriculture, horticulture, fish farming and forestry
- Rail transport
- Fuel used for non-commercial purposes- heating and power generation
- Community amateur sports clubs (CASC) and golf courses
- Sailing, boating and marine transport (excluding private pleasure craft in Northern Ireland)
- Travelling fairs and circuses
The Government have outlined the below industries will no longer able to use rebated fuel in diesel-powered machines or vehicles and will be required to use diesel or biofuels from the 1st April 2022.
- Airport Operations
- Commercial Generators
- Commercial Heating
- Mining and Quarrying
- Plant Hire
- Road Maintenance
- Waste Management
The changes will affect me, what do I need to do?
We can manage this change for you seamlessly. We suggest implementing the following:
- Any surplus rebated fuel in storage tanks can be uplifted from the tank, we can then offer you the best possible price or you should consider to run down your fuel to its lowest level.
- Whilst your tank is empty; it provides the perfect opportunity to carry out an Oil Storage Regulation report, making sure they’re compliant to the Control of Pollution (oil Storage) (England) Regulations 2001.
- Before you re-fill your tank, we can complete a Confined-Space Entry tank clean and flush out your lines and check your filters to remove any traces of the red-dye and old fuel. (Although this is not compulsory.)
- Remove all washing and waste from your site.
- To reduce down-time, we can provide temporary back-up generator and tank solutions.
- We can also supply new fuel.
Have you thought about Green D+ HVO fuel?
Green D+ HVO fuel one of the cleanest fuels on the market that eliminates up to 90% of net CO2 emissions. As a paraffinic, renewable fuel, GreenD+ HVO can be used as a drop-in alternative to fossil diesel, it’s cleaner, its FAME free and there’s no need to modify existing infrastructure – you can simply top up and go.
Your fuel storage systems hold a lot of risk, so protecting your critical components including your storage tanks and pipework is important. The benefits of good-housekeeping include a reduction of cross-contamination and your
tanks will be compliant, reliable and pristine ready for your new fuel to go in.
From a technical perspective, we believe it’s best practise to fully clean and remove any trace of your old fuel, so it is ready to be replaced with the new class of fuel.
Looking For More Reassurance
Mitigate risk with our Preventative Planned Maintenance (P.P.M.) service, which makes certain that no further fuel contamination occurs after the transition. We will attend your site regularly to sample the fuel and provide a fuel analysis report to confirm that was no contamination present in any fuel on your site.
We provide a whole host of fuel management and risk mitigation services and only one call away.